Greenhouse Modeling, Validation and Climate Control based on Fuzzy Logic
This paper deals with the modeling and control of the air temperature and humidity in greenhouses. A physical model of the greenhouse used in the Simulink/Matlab environment is elaborated to simulate both temperature and indoor humidity. As a solution to the non-linearity and complexity of the greenhouse system, a fuzzy logic method is developed to control the actuators that are installed inside the greenhouse for heating, ventilation, humidification and cooling to obtain a suitable microclimate.
L. M. Mortensen, “Growth responses of some greenhouse plants to environment: III. Design and function of a growth chamber prototype”, Scientia Horticulturae, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 57-63, 1982
L. Meihui, D. Shangfeng, C. Lijun, H. Yaofeng, “Greenhouse Multi-Variables Control by Using Feedback Linearization Decoupling Method”, Chinese Automation Congress, Jinan, China, Octomber 20-22, 2017
M. Abbes, A. Farhat, A. Mami, G. D. Tanguy, “Pseudo bond graph model of coupled heat and mass transfers in a plastic tunnel greenhouse”, Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, Vol. 18, No. 9, pp. 1327-1341, 2010
G. D. Pasgianos, K. G. Arvanitis, P. Polycarpou, N. Sigrimis, “A nonlinear feedback technique for greenhouse environmental control”, Computer and Electronics Agriculture, Vol. 40, No. 1-3, pp. 153-177, 2003
C. J. Taylor, P. C. Young, A. Chotai, A. R. Mcleod, A. R. Glasock, “Modelling and proportional-integral-plus control design for free air carbon dioxide enrichment systems”, Journal of Agricultural Engineering Research, Vol. 75, No. 4, pp. 365-374, 2000
E. J. V. Henten, J. Bontsema, “Time-scale decomposition of an optimal control problem in greenhouse climate management”, Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 88-96, 2009
X. Luan, P. Shi, F. Liu, “Robust adaptive control for greenhouse climate using neural networks”, International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, Vol. 21, No. 7, pp. 815–826, 2011
R. Linker, I. Seginer, P. O. Gutman, “Optimal CO2 control in a greenhouse modeled with neural networks”, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 289–310, 1998
P. M. Ferreira, E. A. Faria, A. E. Ruano, “Neural network models in greenhouse air temperature prediction”, Neurocomputing, Vol. 43, No. 1-4, pp. 51-75, 2002
M. Azaza, K. Echaieb, F. Tadeo, E. Fabrizio, A. Iqbal, A. Mami, “Fuzzy decoupling control of greenhouse climate”, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, Vol. 40, No. 9, pp. 2805-2812, 2015
P. Salgado, J. B. Cunha, “Greenhouse climate hierarchical fuzzy modelling”, Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 613–628, 2005
M. Nachidi, F. Rodriguez, F. Tadeo, J. L. Guzman, “Takagi-sugeno control of nocturnal temperature in greenhouses using air heating”, ISA Transactions, Vol. 50, No. 2, pp. 315-320, 2011
M. Y. E. Ghoumari, H. J. Tantau, J. Serrano, “Non-linear constrained MPC: Real-time implementation of greenhouse air temperature control”, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, Vol. 49, No. 3, pp. 345–356, 2005
J. P. Coelho, P. B. de Moura Oliveira, J. B. Cunha, “Greenhouse air temperature predictive control using the particle swarm optimisation algorithm”, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, Vol. 49, No. 3, pp. 330–344, 2005
Q. Zou, J. Ji, S. Zhang, M. Shi, Y. Luo, “Model Predictive Control Based on Particle Swarm Optimization of Greenhouse Climate for Saving Energy Consumption”, World Automation Congress, Kobe, Japan, September 19-23, 2010
M. Jomaa, F. Tadeo, A. Mami, “Modelling and Control of Greenhouses Powered by a Renewable Energy System”, 18th International Conference on Sciences and Techniques of Automatic Control and Computer Engineering, Monastir, Tunisia, December 21-23, 2017
X. Blasco, M. Martinez, J. M. Herrero, C. Ramos, J. Sanchis, “Model-based predictive control of greenhouse climate for reducing energy and water consumption”, Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, Vol. 55, No. 1, pp. 49-70, 2007
K. A. Joudi, A. A. Farhan, “A dynamic model and an experimental study for the internal air soil temperatures in an innovative greenhouse”, Energy Conversion and Management, Vol. 91, pp. 76-82, 2015
R. C. Miranda, E. V. Ramos, R. R. Peniche-Vera, G. Herrera-Ruiz, “Fuzzy greenhouse climate control system based on a field programmable gate array”, Biosystems Engineering, Vol. 94, No. 2, pp. 165-177, 2006
MetricsAbstract Views: 218
PDF Downloads: 163
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after its publication in ETASR with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Z. R. Labidi, H. Schulte, A. Mami, A Systematic Controller Design for a Photovoltaic Generator with Boost Converter Using Integral State Feedback Control , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 9 No. 2 (2019): April, 2019
- M. Y. Allani, D. Mezghani, F. Tadeo, A. Mami, FPGA Implementation of a Robust MPPT of a Photovoltaic System Using a Fuzzy Logic Controller Based on Incremental and Conductance Algorithm , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 9 No. 4 (2019): August, 2019
- A. Belkadi, D. Mezghani, A. Mami, Energy Design and Optimization of a Greenhouse: A Heating, Cooling and Lighting Study , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 9 No. 3 (2019): June, 2019
- Z. R. Labidi, H. Schulte, A. Mami, A Model-Based Approach of DC-DC Converters Dedicated to Controller Design Applications for Photovoltaic Generators , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 9 No. 4 (2019): August, 2019
- A. Elgharbi, D. Mezghani, A. Mami, Intelligent Control of a Photovoltaic Pumping System , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 9 No. 5 (2019): October, 2019