Intelligent Control of a Photovoltaic Pumping System
This paper presents the application of the Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy Inference System (ANFIS) to track the maximum power of a photovoltaic generator that feeds a motor-pump group unit through a Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) inverter powered by a Single Ended Primary Inductance Converter (SEPIC) installed in the laboratory. The ANFIS control is trained in different temperatures and irradiances and the maximum power point tracking system varies automatically the duty cycle of the SEPIC converter. The performance of the MPPT controller is tested in simulations in Matlab/Simulink.
S. Selvan, P. Nair, U. Umayal, “A Review on Photo Voltaic MPPT Algorithms”, International Journal of Electrical and Comuter Engineering, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 567-582, 2016
F. D. Murdianto, O. Penangsang, A. Priyadi, “Modeling and Simulation of MPPT-Bidirectional Using Adaptive Neuro Fuzzy Inference System (ANFIS) in Distributed Energy Generation System”, 2015 International Seminar on Intelligent Technology and Its Applications, Surabaya, Indonesia, May 20-21, 2015
A. J. Sabzali, E. H. Ismail, H. M. Behbehani, “High voltage step-up integrated double Boost–Sepic DC–DC converter for fuel-cell and photovoltaic applications”, 4th International Congress on Renewable Energy: Generation and Applications, Milwakee, USA, October 19-22, 2014
A. Elgharbi, Ameliorated Control of a Motor-pump Coupled to a Photovoltaic Generator, MSc Thesis, Sciences Uuniversity of Tunis, 2010 (in French)
D. Mezghani, Study of a Photovoltaic Pumping by a Bond Graph Approach, Sciences University of Tunis, 2009. (in French)
Y. Oueslati, Study of Performance of a Photovoltaic Generator Coupled to the Network Draft, MSc Thesis, High School of Sciences and Techniques of Tunis, 2007 (in French)
A. Nouaiti, A. Saad, A. Mesbahi, M. Khalfallah, M. Reddak, “Design and Test of a new Three-Phase Multilevel Inverter for PV System Applications”, Engineering Technology & Applied Science Research, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 3846-3851, 2019
A. S. Saidi, M. Ben Slimene, M. A. Khlifi, “Transient Stability Analysis of Photovoltaic System with Experimental Shading Effects”, Engineering Technology & Applied Science Research, Vol. 8, No. 6, pp. 3592-3597, 2018
S. Javadpoor, D. Nazarpour, “Modeling of PV-FC-Hydrogen Hybrid Power Generation System”, Engineering Technology & Applied Science Research, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 1455-1457, 2017
Z. R. Labidi, H. Schulte, A. Mami, “A Systematic Controller Design for a Photovoltaic Generator with Boost converter using Integral State Feedback Control”, Engineering Technology & Applied Science Research, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 4030-4036, 2019
D. Zhang, Designing a SEPIC Converter, Application Report 1484, Texas Instruments, 2013
H. Othmani, H. Chaouali, D. Mezghani, A. Mami, “Design and building of sepie DC-DC converter devoted to Kaneka GSA-60 PV panels”, 7th International Conference on Modelling, Identification and Control, Monastir, Tunisia, May 8-10, 2015
D. Mezghani, H. Othmani, A. Mami, “Bond graph modeling and robust control of a photovoltaic generator that powered an induction motor pump via SEPIC converter”, Electrical Energy Systems, Vol. 29, No. 3, Article ID e2746, 2019
A. Arora, P. Gaur, “Comparison of ANN and ANFIS based MPPT Controller for grid connected PV systems”, Annual IEEE India Conference, New Delhi, India, December 17-20, 2015
F. Bendary, E. M. Elsaied, W. A. Mohamed, Z. E. Afifi, “Genetic-ANFIS Hybrid Algorithm for Optimal Maximum Power Point Tracking of PV Systems”, 17th International Middle East Power Systems Conference, Mansoura, Egypt, December 15-17, 2015
MetricsAbstract Views: 153
PDF Downloads: 108
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after its publication in ETASR with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- Z. R. Labidi, H. Schulte, A. Mami, A Systematic Controller Design for a Photovoltaic Generator with Boost Converter Using Integral State Feedback Control , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 9 No. 2 (2019): April, 2019
- M. Y. Allani, D. Mezghani, F. Tadeo, A. Mami, FPGA Implementation of a Robust MPPT of a Photovoltaic System Using a Fuzzy Logic Controller Based on Incremental and Conductance Algorithm , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 9 No. 4 (2019): August, 2019
- A. Belkadi, D. Mezghani, A. Mami, Energy Design and Optimization of a Greenhouse: A Heating, Cooling and Lighting Study , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 9 No. 3 (2019): June, 2019
- M. Jomaa, M. Abbes, F. Tadeo, A. Mami, Greenhouse Modeling, Validation and Climate Control based on Fuzzy Logic , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 9 No. 4 (2019): August, 2019
- Z. R. Labidi, H. Schulte, A. Mami, A Model-Based Approach of DC-DC Converters Dedicated to Controller Design Applications for Photovoltaic Generators , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 9 No. 4 (2019): August, 2019