Vibrating Reed Study of Superconducting Cuprates Fabricated by Superfast Melt Quenching in a Solar Furnace
In this study, the potential possibilities of the precision of the vibrating reed method for the evaluation of the Тс of superconducting precursors in an HTSC Bi-Pb-Sr-Cu-O system were investigated. A special technology for obtaining these samples by using solar energy for melting and following superfast melt quenching was applied to increase their internal inhomogeneity, allowing to receive high-quality textural ceramic samples of Bi1,7Pb0,3Sr2Can-1CunOy (n=2-30) showing critical temperatures of superconducting precursor transitions above bulk Тс. To determine critical temperatures of superconducting precursors above bulk Тс for the first time, the original vibrating reed method of studying these multiphase samples in an applied magnetic field was used. It was shown that this method has sensitivity to superconducting diamagnetism making possible to reveal new superconducting precursor phases above bulk Tc.
J. G. Chigvinadze, J. V. Acrivos, S. M. Ashimov, D. D. Gulamova, T. V. Machaidze, D. Uskenbaev, “Temperature dependence investigation of dissipation processes in strongly anisotropic high-temperature superconductors of Bi-Pb-Sr-Ca-Cu-O system synthesized using solar energy”, Epitoanyag, Vol. 61, pp. 104-108, 2009
D. D. Gulamova, D. G. Chigvinadze, J. V. Acrivos, D. E. Uskenbaev, “Obtaining and studying the properties of high-temperature superconductors of homologous series of Bi1.7Pb0.3Sr2Can-1CunOy (n=4-9), under influence of solar energy”, Applied Solar Energy, Vol. 48, pp. 135-139, 2012
J. G. Chigvinadze, J. V. Acrivos, S. M. Ashimov, D. D. Gulamova, G. Donadze, “Superconductivity at Т≈200 K in bismuth cuprates synthesized using solar energy”, available at: https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1710/1710.10430.pdf, 2017
J. Chigvinadze, S. Ashimov, G. Mamniashvili, G. Donadze A. Peikrishvili, B. Godibadze, “On the Nature of Superconducting Precursors in Bi-Pb-SrCa-Cu-O Compositions Fabricated by Hot Shock Wave Consolidation Technology”, Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 3032-3037, 2018
J. G. Chigvinadze, S. M. Ashimov, J. V. Acrivos, D. D. Gulamova, “Critical temperature of the superconducting transition of individual phases of multiphase bismuth cuprates after cooling in a magnetic field to a temperature of 77 K”, Low Temperature Physics, Vol. 45, No. 4. pp. 386-394, 2019
S. M. Ashimov, D. G. Chigvinadze, “Torsion balance for studying anisotropic magnetic properties of superconducting materials”, Instruments and Experimental Techniques, Vol. 45, No. 5, pp. 431-435, 2002
P. Esquinazi, “Vibrating superconductors”, Journal Low Temperature Physics, Vol. 85, No. 3-4, pp. 139-232, 1991
A. Gupta, P. Esquinazi, H. F. Braun, “Vibrating-reed studies on non-single-phase Bi-Ca-Sr-Cu-O superconducting ceramics”, Physical Review B, Condensed Matter, Vol. 39, No. 16, pp. 12271–12274, 1989
V. A. Melik-Shakhnazarov, I. A. Naskidashvili, “A device for an automated recording of internal friction in metals”, Pribory i Tekhnika Eksperimenta, Vol. 1, pp. 81-84, 1967 (in Russian)
MetricsAbstract Views: 140
PDF Downloads: 106
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain the copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after its publication in ETASR with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
Most read articles by the same author(s)
- T. Gegechkori, G. Mamniashvili, A. Peikrishvili, V. Peikrishvili, B. Godibadze, Using Fast Hot Shock Wave Consolidation Technology to Produce Superconducting MgB2 , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 8 No. 1 (2018): February, 2018
- J. Chigvinadze, S. Ashinov, G. Mamniashvili, G. Donadze, A. Peikrishvili, B. Godibadze, On the Nature of Superconducting Precursors in Bi-Pb-Sr-Ca-Cu-O Compositions Fabricated by Hot Shock Wave Consolidation Technology , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 8 No. 3 (2018): June, 2018
- M. M. Nadareishvili, G. Mamniashvili, D. Jishiashvili, G. Abramishvili, C. Ramana, J. Ramsden, Investigation of the Visible Light-Sensitive ZnO Photocatalytic Thin Films , Engineering, Technology & Applied Science Research: Vol. 10 No. 2 (2020): April, 2020